Sunday, July 26, 2009

Drippy Tigger


"Drippy Tigger"
(in progress)

20x10 acrylic on canvas
$500 plus $20 for shipping in the US
Email:dogbri@q.com to purchase

This is Tigger, a dog I've painted before, but not in this style. Having done so many environmental portraits of dogs lately, I really needed to do something different.

So not only did I change styles, but I also chose a different kind of paint. I'm doing this painting using Golden Open Acrylic instead of the Heavy Body paints. It works different than what I'm used to for sure, but I really like it. If there were a wider range of colors I might switch to it altogether. That said, I don't have to worry about the color palette because it works great in conjunction with the Heavy Body mediums as well. I used a little of Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue in his eyes.

I'll have this all finished up tomorrow for sure.

Bri-

No comments: