Monday, August 30, 2010

Me Dot?

"Self-Portrait Dream Dots"
(work in progress)
12"x6" acrylic on canvas

$300 unframed plus $5 for shipping in the US
Email:dogbri@q.com to purchase


I started this as my final piece for the "Effects of a Market Economy" show that will open Friday at the Short Term Gallery, here in Baker City, OR. I realize it's very similar to "Tribute to a Master"  which I did awhile back, but with the twist of the dots.

It's been a fun painting to create, and I really like the composition I have using this size of canvas. The black background came from my need to gesso over a discoloration on the canvas. The black also lead me to choose the photo of myself with Bettini. Unlike me she's ready to spring out of bed. Mainly, she has that look, because she hates having her picture taken.

Bri-

2 comments:

Coffee Messiah said...

That's quite a contrast between the wide awake dog and your sleepy self.

The few dots you add seem to be just right.

Nicely done and Cheers!

Dogs by Bri said...

Thanks Michael.

I can't seem to get the dots out of my system, which is kind of cool.

Bri-