Monday, August 9, 2010

I Spot Jake in progress 2

"I Spot Jake"
(in progress)

7"x5" acrylic on canvas
$150 unframed plus $5 for shipping in the US
Email:dogbri@q.com to purchase


I forgot how much time it takes (or is it that I like to spend lots of time?) to paint poodles.

I spent the morning having coffee with friends, then we came home to do an hours worth of work on the Airstream, not much was accomplished, but something was, and that's what matters.

The same could seemingly be said for this painting, however, I did spend several hours on and off working on Jake today. This is one of those paintings that I need to sit with, walk away from it, and then sit and paint some more.

All in all I like where it's going, just not the speed at which I'm getting there. I guess I was spoiled by how fast the wood block paintings turned out. That said, canvas is so much easier to paint on.

Bri-

No comments: