Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Chase


"The Chase"

12x12 acrylic on canvas
$400 unframed plus $6 for shipping in the US
Email:dogbri@q.com to purchase

Here's the finished version. I love the tones that I ended up using on Zephyr. He's such a beautiful dog and I enjoy hanging out with him as much as I do painting him.

This one was painted using only Golden Heavy Body acrylic, I chose to skip the Open so that I could get the colors down thicker and faster. The trees in the background were created using a palette knife instead of a brush. I wanted to work really fast not only because the deadline for "Family Vacation" is so close, but also because I wanted the process to mimic the speed of the dogs in the painting. I figured if I spent to much time working on it I would not have captured the feeling of the scene, and the blur of the moment.

Bri-

No comments: