Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tule in process


"Tule in the Field"
(in progress)

24x18 acrylic on canvas
SOLD

Yeah a new painting. It seems like forever since I posted work on a new painting. Okay so it was only about a week ago, but it seems like eternity to me when I take these road trips to do art shows. Well I don't have anymore planned until early Sept. and I haven't decided for sure if I'll do it. It's the Truckee CA Labor Day Art Festival and it just depends on where both Corrine and I are at in creating work for the "Family Vacation" show at Benjamin Benjamin.

With this piece I'm creating the textures of the grass, but that's really it. Creating the suggestion of grasses but not really grasses. Tule, the dog, will be fully realized though. I think the trick of this piece will be to make her stand out from the background, but not so much so that it seems like a mistake in technique.

Tomorrow I'll spend most of the day at the Short Term Gallery painting, and unless it's busy there I should make lots of progress.

Bri-

No comments: