Monday, August 31, 2009

Back in the studio with progress...


"Tule in the Field"
(in progress)

24x18 acrylic on canvas
SOLD

Tiny little brush strokes have made a big difference in the grass. It's by no means photo realism, but it reads as grass more now than ever in the whole process of this painting. I think that just because there was green on the background before it didn't seem anything like grass, even with some of the earlier brush strokes suggesting longer/taller strands. Those strokes are still there, but now they blend in instead of standing out and looking disconnected.

Maybe I can get back to painting Tule now. Well, that is if I don't spend my time building mountain biking trails, trimming bushes and trees in the front yard, or any number of things that have nothing to do with painting. Fall is approaching and sometimes I feel like the ant who prepared for winter, instead of his friend who didn't. I know that sounds smart but I do have a show to get ready for that opens in 4 weeks and trimming trees doesn't cover the walls of a gallery. Well I guess it could if I was a different kind of artist.

Bri-

No comments: