Sunday, March 29, 2009

More Changes at CBGB's



"CBGB's Bettini"
(in progress)
18x24 acrylic on canvas
SOLD

The other night while at a gathering of fellow artists the subject of "Finished Work" was the topic of discussion. My personal take on the matter is that I know when a painting is finished the moment I make the first stroke on the blank canvas.

Since I work from references I've got a starting and ending point right in front of me. The dog is always the driving force of my work and the background, if it's not a solid color, is secondary. The main decisions I make during the painting are color related. In my mind I see the finished painting right from the beginning, but it takes the time it takes to get there.

I love where I'm at with this painting now and can see that it's just about what I would call finished.

Bri-

No comments: