Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dinning Room Lounge-Start

"Dinning Room Lounge"
(in progress)

10x8 acrylic on canvas
$200 plus $6 for shipping in the US
Email:dogbri@q.com to purchase


I started this painting about two weeks ago, see "Coffee Buffet", and just put it back on the easel today. It depicts our dog Zephyr in his favorite place. His big bed in our dinning room. He could easily take up the whole thing if he wanted, but he always curls up in a tight ball, leaving more than enough room for Bettini to snuggle in with him.

She on the other hand likes to sprawl out in it so there's no room left for him. Real nice huh?

One of the things I like about this picture is that the lines of the buffet behind him give me visual clues as to where other objects should begin and end. It's like working with a grid without having to draw it out. In fact, I noticed a place just before I scanned this, where I'd like to make a correction. See if you can find it in the next posting.

Bri-

No comments: