Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Digby begins...


Digby
(in progress)
18"x14" acrylic on canvas
SOLD


Here's the start of my new painting of Digby. What a beautiful dogs she was. I keep imagining her with a big grin on her face on a hot summer day in Baker.

While in this picture she's all calm and resting, I can just she her romping around in the grass like all dogs love to do.

I spent more time than I thought was necessary drawing her on the canvas, which is not my usual way of painting. I wanted to make sure that she fit on there the way I had sketched her. However, every time I put chalk to canvas, she'd either be to big or to small. After my third attempt, I went back to my usual paint directly on the canvas, and what you see here is the result of that technique.

Can't wait to see what develops today.

Bri-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must take great joy in seeing your doggie friends coming to life on the canvas. I sure enjoy watching the process. :) Marcie

Dogs by Bri said...

Thanks Marcie,

I truly do love bringing them to life. I took only time to make coffee and a bowl of soup while at the gallery today. The rest was spent painting, & helping the few gallery goers we had today.

Bri-