Monday, July 19, 2010

Buddy Dot


"Buddy Dot"

3.5"x5" acrylic on wood
SOLD

I've been so good at painting lately, I guess I could go back to the "Dog Painting a Day" name for the blog. I won't get ahead of myself though.

This is my friends dog Buddy. He's a super sweet guy, and I hope that shows through in this picture. His owner loves his tail, so I chose a picture that showed a wisp of it.

This one took a little longer than the others I had done, because there was more texture on the board, making the brush behave differently. It turned out great even with that extra texture.

Bri-

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

We love Buddy's picture, really love it. You captured him better than a photo would.......now wouldn't it look great in Iris, whose curtains have the same theme of dots????

Dogs by Bri said...

Thanks Kelsey, I think he's going to look great in Iris.

Bri-

p.s. he's a great subject and so that made it easy to capture his essence.