Sunday, July 18, 2010

3 Ring Winslow


"3 Ring Winslow"

3.5"x5" acrylic on wood
$50 unframed plus $5 for shipping in the US
Email:dogbri@q.com to purchase

The Winslow circus theme continues, I'm sure it was my subconscious. I can be clever when I think about it, but this was a total accident.

Here's how it all got started. We were on this trip to visit the folks in AZ and were brainstorming on ways to make more art sales, and just get ourselves better exposure. Painting an hour everyday was on the list and I have been faithful to that the past two days. Yeah, right? Well, here's the rub.

We had hired someone to cut our grass and water our garden while we were away. The guy did a great job on the lawn and the garden looks great. However, someone (not him, because I asked) decided to water our bamboo, for hours, possibly 48 hours or more, and so there was quite a bit of water in our basement when we returned. Not so great.

So instead of unpacking our rig and settling back into the house I spent over 2 hours wet vacuuming the basement, and Corrine had the task of going through two portfolios that soaked up the water. Very little was ruined, but there were a few things that I liked that I'll be tossing.

So here's where the story turns for the better. One of the boxes that got wet, but wasn't ruined contained art supplies. Included in there was a compass, something I haven't seen in years, and haven't used in almost 20. Now, I love using it again, and can't wait to add perfect circles to my next painting.

So there you have it, thanks to someone watering our bamboo, I found a new tool of creativity. That said, it's time to spend more time cleaning up the basement. We don't want any mold down there.

Bri-

No comments: