Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Lion is tame!



"Lion Tamer"

12x12 acrylic on canvas
$500 unframed add $13 for shipping in the US
Email:dogbri@q.com to purchase


It's taken much longer than anticipated to finish this painting of Winslow. I sat at the Short Term Gallery just listening to "Wait, wait, don't tell me" deciding what else could be done, if anything. I chose to add a little more purple to the background and edges, but nothing more to Winslow. I sat there staring at him and off into nothing, before adding the signature.

This is the second painting I've finished in 2010, and can't believe it took so long. The next one I hope comes more quickly and turns out just as well as this one.

I've also finished painting all the mugs Corrine has made for Ceramic Showcase which is April 30th thru May 2nd. When they come out of the kiln I'll post some, even though they don't contain many dogs. Only one design has a dog in it.

Bri-

2 comments:

Don Gray said...

That's Winslow alright, Bri--great job!

I hope you don't mind I posted your painting in my blog post tonight--with proper crediting and links, of course.

Dogs by Bri said...

Thanks Don,

I sure have been enjoyed seeing your sketches of Winslow. Thanks to your link I have a new follower.

Hope to see you soon. We'll have to plan to get together in May when we get back from Ceramic Showcase.

Bri-