Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Along for the Ride


"Along for the Ride"


18x24 acrylic on canvas
$1800
SOLD

This is the beginning of a new painting. I flushed out the main frame work of the dog and the bicycle. Next I'll start to add elements of the background to the painting.

I also need to get rid of the top tube on the bicycle. I had been working from a photograph of our dog Bettini in a basket on my bike, which has a standard frame. The owner of the dog in the painting, however, is a little girl. I decided it would be more appropriate for the bike to have a drop tube instead.

The dog is named Lucy and is so cute. In the picture I'm working from her tongue is out and bright pink, just like the bicycle. My wife likes this painting so much she wants one just like it for our collection.

Bri-

No comments: