Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tule work on Sunday...



"Tule in the Field"
(in progress)

24x18 acrylic on canvas
SOLD

Lots of progress and still there's work to be done. I spent the day working with two different palettes, one with Open Acrylic and the other with regular. I have to say it again, I love working with Golden Paint.

Tule now has some color in her eyes and I think she's coming along great. One of the reasons I leave the eyes as the background color for so long, is so if I decide to place them higher or lower on the face. That way there isn't a texture created by paint built up from the original placement. For me it just works best that way even if it does leave the dog looking kind of creepy for a few days.

I'll be spending most of the day at the gallery painting again on Monday so I should come away close to finished. But only time and my creative tastes will decide when I'm done.

Bri-

No comments: