Monday, August 24, 2009

Friends opions on grass...



"Tule in the Field"
(in progress)

24x18 acrylic on canvas
SOLD

My friend tom novak stopped in at the Short Term Gallery today and we discussed the grass of the painting. He suggested I go lighter on the upper part to bring a little more depth to the piece. I agree and so I'm slowly making it lighter and adding details to the foreground. Adjusting grass length as I go.

There are parts on Tule that I'm still working on too. Like her legs and muzzle. I think both areas need to go a little larger.

It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

Bri-

2 comments:

K said...

does this dog come out of your head or was it based on dogs you found?

Dogs by Bri said...

Hi Karu,

Welcome to my blog. To answer your question this is based on a photo of Tule, but the background is unlike the background in the photo.

I always work from photographs for commissions like this. Only when I'm sketching or working on ceramics with my wife do I create dogs without a reference.

Bri-