Friday, July 24, 2009

Harbor House completed


"Harbor House"

6x6 acrylic on canvas
$125 unframed $6 for shipping in the US
Email:dogbri@q.com to purchase

I had the pleasure of working at the Short Term Gallery today and painting. When there weren't groups of people looking at the art or friends coming into chat, I worked on finishing this piece.

It sat around for several months just waiting for the finishing touches and I love the way it turned out. I'm not sure if this is repeating myself or not, but the original photo this is from was taken at night time. I just thought that the dog was so sweet looking that putting it in a night time setting might change the feel to something darker. Pun intended.

I might have a new coffee hound tomorrow but with 75 mile bike ride on the calendar I'm not sure I'll feel like painting when it's hot in the studio. We'll see. Sunday I'll be starting a new contemporary piece.

Bri-

No comments: