Thursday, September 30, 2010

Flora's background grows


"Flora Abstract"
(work in progress) 

12"x12" acrylic on canvas
NFS


Tonight was Thursday Art Night at the Eltrym and the film was "Third Ward TX". If you have a chance to see this film, do. Buy it, rent it, share it with everyone you know. It is an excellent film about the power of a community, and the power of art in all our lives.

Now to this painting. The other day I masked off areas and brushed a very liquid yellow onto it. I like what the paint did, but it moved in a way I didn't expect. Most of it went under the painters tape, so instead of having crisp lines, I have these odd organic shapes. Which work better than the crisp lines would have. A fact I would have realized to late, had it turned out the way I intended.

Now, to do more with it. Do what. Don't ask me, ask the paint.

Bri-

No comments: