Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lakeside progress...



"Lakeside Assata"
(in progress)

10"x8" acrylic on canvas
SOLD

For the first time this season we awoke to snow everywhere and I was able to do some shoveling. I know it sounds crazy but I really like shoveling. I think because it gives me a feeling of accomplishment so easily. When I start shoveling I know that it will end and then on to the next thing.

Painting is different in that once I start I don't have a concrete idea when I'll be done. After I've been painting for awhile on a piece I get a sense of when it might be done, but not like shoveling. I know on days when it is snowing non-stop you could say those are days when shoveling is like painting.

I need to make some adjustments to Assata's right side to add a little size to her shoulder, but other than that I'm happy with the way this is turning out. I think tomorrow will be spent creating the beach beneath her, so she may or may not change at all tomorrow.

Only time will tell.

Bri-

2 comments:

Coffee Messiah said...

Nice............

We're supposed to get some Thur/Fri but I'm sure not enough to shovel.

I remember a neighbor, when I first moved out here and hearing I was from Ca, thought I'd shrink and cry, as we had a large lot at the time.

I was always out in my jeans jacket and finished before he did his.

It's a great way to think too ; )

Cheers to you both!

Dogs by Bri said...

Happy Thanksgiving CM,

That's a great story. Our neighbor here hates winter, but I catch her shoveling like she was a grounds keeper on a golf course. If I don't get the shovel line right up to the edge of the sidewalk she comes out to clean up my lines.

Bri-