Saturday, May 30, 2009

Emmett maybe?



"Downward Emmett"
(in progress)

12x24 acrylic on canvas
$600
SOLD

I didn't get this posted last night because of a thunder storm. With all the lightening I figured it would be best to unplug everything and wait till morning.

The only thing left to do is minor changes on Emmett's face, if the client asks for them, and then to paint his paws on the bottom of the canvas.

Some artists I know, okay most of them, don't like doing commissions because they have to take input from the client. Me, I don't mind it. I create my work for myself, sure, but it's really for the rest of the world. Mainly it's for just one person, in my case the owner of the dog.

I heard Kurt Vonnegut say something like "You can't make love to the whole world, so why try?" He went on to talk about how he wrote his books with only one reader in mind, his sister. He wrote stories in a way he thought she would enjoy. So, if I had to pick my main viewer it would be my wife, Corrine. Lucky for me, what she likes, so do all my clients.

Bri-

2 comments:

Don Gray said...

Emmet's looking good--one happy dog dude!

Dogs by Bri said...

Thanks Don,

He is a great subject and I'm lucky enough to have had the chance to meet and paint him.

Bri-