Monday, January 19, 2009

Tribute to a Master


"Tribute to a Master"

6x6 acrylic on canvas
$125 plus $5 for shipping in the US
SOLD

This painting is a tribute to Andrew Wyeth, who died in his sleep at the age of 91, this past Friday.

I was always a fan of his work and was lucky enough to see a group show of the Wyeth family in Chicago in the mid 80's. N.C., Andrew, and Jamie's work was represented beautifully. It is such a treat to see work up close. To stand there and take in all the detail. It's just wonderful.

My friend Don Gray made a beautiful tribute as well on his blog. There is a wonderful story of his meeting with Mr. Wyeth. I highly recommend reading it.

For me this painting was an attempted to capture something of the same mood that Wyeth had in his painting "Master Bedroom". It was painted in 1965 of a dog in it's master's bed. It's done in very muted tones and has such a wonderful feeling of loyalty to it. My wife, who is depicted here with our dog Bettini, was born in 1965, so I think it's quite fitting to have included her.

Bri-

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I think this is beautiful.

Dogs by Bri said...

Thanks Sandy. It helps to have such beautiful subjects.

Inspector Clouseau said...

I was blog surfing and came across your work. I like it. A friend of mine has an art blog and other related sites for artists, including one for artist challenges, and Dante's Pub to discuss all sorts of stuff. You might find it interesting. http://redchair-vikkisblog.blogspot.com/