Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Longing for Coffee

"Longing for Coffee"

9x6 coffee and ink on paper
$25 unframed $5 for shipping in the US
Email:dogbri@q.com to purchase


Once again I painted for the folks at a retirement facility today. This is the first of two paintings I created while there. Again I started this same image as an acrylic painting too.

I'll post that one tomorrow.

What I love about this image is the dogs reflection in the window. I wonder if he sees the longing in the eyes of his reflected self?

Bri-

5 comments:

Coffee Messiah said...

I like this one!

Haven't sent yet, actually gave a few extras away while in Chicago.

Didn't notice your friends ; (

Will be sending 4 sure Sat. Since it's in a small box, you should receive by next wednesday.

Cheers!

Katherine said...

Our dogs do this all the time out the door of the storefront, but there is usually barking going on. Very nice, Bria, you captured the mood so beautifully.

Dogs by Bri said...

Thanks Michael,

No worries on the CD. I'll probably work on the mug this weekend, but I still don't know when it will be fired.

Bri-

Dogs by Bri said...

Thanks Katherine,

Our dogs do much the same, usually with barking as well.

I have a show in May at Earth and Vine, and wanted to do a series of dogs longing for something. A walk, companionship, a treat. Stuff like that.

Bri-

Katherine said...

Brian it shouldn't be difficult to find inspiration for that show. My experience is dogs are perpetually longing. I know with the looks I get I am perpetually guilty, unless of course I am throwing the ball, taking a walk, petting the head, or giving a treat. I am better trained than my dogs.
Congrats on the show. Should look great in that space.