Friday, May 27, 2011

Abstract background...

"Maggie and the Dandelions"
(in progress)
12"x12" acrylic on canvas
nfs

Here's what I've been working on since/during the time I was creating Rufus. It's going to hold the image of my friend Katherine's dog Maggie. I'm still doing sketches of Maggie, so that my hand knows what to do when it come time to put paint on the canvas.

When creating this abstract background I discovered I could make right angles with the paint if I just turned the canvas quickly in a different direction from where it was flowing. I also found I liked the effect created when tapping a brush with paint against the edge of my easel. The only downside is that I can get a lot of paint splashed back in my face.

Oh the things I'll do to create something beautiful.

Bri-

No comments: