Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dots on a beach...




"Lakeside Assata"
(in progress)

10"x8" acrylic on canvas
SOLD

I spent today at the Short Term Gallery making dots on the beach. Lots of layering is going on and it was one of those days where I kept thinking, "Isn't there an easier way to do this?"

Yes it's called photography.

I think the other problem was that I was working without my reference photo and so was making lighting decisions that were wrong and even some color selections I'm regretting a little now. I'll see how I feel tomorrow, maybe it will seem better then.

On a completely different note, the Turkey Trot was a great success again. This year we had just under 300 folks sign up and take part and we almost doubled the amount of money raised. Most importantly we helped local people in need and people had a great time celebrating with friends and family before heading off to Thanksgiving dinners.

Bri-

p.s. I'm sure I'd sound more positive if there was better lighting in my studio for photographs this late in the evening.

No comments: