Friday, September 11, 2009

Tule in the Field


"Tule in the Field"


24x18 acrylic on canvas
SOLD

Here's the finished painting of Tule. What a wonder to work on. I'm always amazed at how connected I feel to the dogs in the paintings after the weeks I work on them. Each one is so different but the result, creatively, is always the same, I've become connected to my subject on another level. I guess spending hours looking at the same animal for days or weeks at a time has a positive affect on me.

Most times it's hard to see the painting leave my studio, but since I usually wait a few days for final payment before I ship a finished piece, it still hangs on the studio wall staring back at me. That's also a great thing about this blog, any painting I want to see again, I just search through the archives.

Bri-

No comments: