Saturday, November 22, 2008

Chow Coffee


"Chow Coffee"


9x6 coffee and ink on paper
$25 unframed $5 for shipping in the US
E-mail me to purchase


This chow is named Sam and was a dog I photographed in Washington Square's Dog Park, while living in NYC. I just love the way she has squeezed her eyes closed.

One of the things I do while painting is listen to books on tape. The current book I'm listening to is "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. It's the story of a race car driver told from the point of view of his dog Enzo. It's excellent if you like dogs or stories about sports. I imagine if you're reading my blog you love dogs.

The book I just finished listening to was 50/50 by Dean Karnazes and Matt Fitzgerald. It's a true story of great endurance. Dean Karnazes is an Ultra Marathoner, and this book chronicles his journey of running 50 marathons, in 50 states over the period of 50 days. He is truly an amazing person as well as an incredible athlete. Even if you're not a runner it's a great story of a man who had a dream and how he achieved it.

No comments: